This page highlights selected informational resources on coastal acidification in the Northeast.
Recordings from past and current NECAN webinar series are available below.
- Ocean and Coastal Acidification Monitoring for Citizen Scientists Webinar Series: Information and Recordings
- Second NECAN Webinar Series (in-progress): Information and Recordings
- First NECAN Webinar Series: Information and Recordings
- NECAN Steering Committee Terms of Reference
- NECAN Steering Committee Implementation Plan
- Overview of Coastal Acidification in the Northeast Region (Four-page NECAN outreach piece)
- Ocean and Coastal Acidification off New England and Nova Scotia (Oceanography article)
- NECAN/NROC Ocean and Coastal Acidification Monitoring Workshop Report (December 2017)
NECAN Working Groups
- Education & Outreach Working Group
- Policy Working Group
- Industry Working Group
- Science Working Group
Stakeholder Workshop Reports
NECAN convened six workshops in Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Nova Scotia in 2015 and 2016 to inform and learn from key stakeholder groups regarding ocean and coastal acidification. Download Workshop Reports
Archived OA data specific to the Northeast region is available in the NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information, which reports measures of alkalinity, dissolved inorganic carbon, pCO2/fCO2-water, and/or pH.
In addition, this link will direct you to archived data specific to laboratory studies in the region.
- Big Changes Are Here: We Need to Turn on the Headlights (One-page fisheries and aquaculture outreach piece from NECAN)
- Maine Ocean and Coastal Acidification (MOCA) Partnership (Website)
- MIT Sea Grant Ocean Acidification Research Update Seminar June 2017
- Ocean Acidification Information Exchange (Collaborative website)
More resources such as scientific papers and outreach materials are available in the Reference Library. Click on keywords in the blue Reference Library box located at bottom of each web page, or browse the whole Reference Library here.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org